For anyone that was a little frightened of contouring (thats me) the latest beauty trend is a softer and easier way of getting on the bandwagon. Strobing is contourings au naturel sister… swapping bronzer for illuminator you can create beautiful dewy skin, the sort of skin only eight hours sleep, every night creates. In face this really is the perfect trick for us sleep deprived, run ragged, tired mums!
Here’s how to fake your perfect skin…
- Preparation is key! Use a hydrating moisturiser or primer (I love the Laura Mercier hydrating primer) – having well prepped skin is even more important when strobing.
- Use a tinted moisturiser rather than a heavy foundation, this will give an all over glow. But just as you would with a foundation ensure if matches your skin and you have no marks around your hairline or jaw line.
- Choose your highlighter with the help of a professional, it needs to match your skin tone, then apply to your cheekbones, centre of your forehead, arch of your eyebrow, tip of your nose, cupids brow and the centre of your chin.
- Use a fan brush to blend the product into your skin so there are no obvious marks.
- if your skin is oily make sure you steer away from highlighting any breakouts – keep them matt.
Good luck and let me know if you have any of your own beauty tips for faking that perfect skin I crave!
One thought on “The Beauty Edit – How to Fake Perfect Skin!”
Obsessed with the glow! Its my favourite makeup look, great post hun as per x